Solta Medical Presents Expert Roundtable about Thermage® and Fraxel® Combination Treatments at ASLMS Annual Meeting
National Harbor, Md, April 2, 2009—Solta Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: SLTM) will present an expert panel of physicians in skin tightening and resurfacing today from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the 29th Annual Meeting of American Society for Lasers in Medicine & Surgery (ASLMS). The roundtable discussion will feature Drs. Brian Biesman, Michael Kaminer, Tina Alster, Amy Taub and Robert Weiss discussing their experiences combining Thermage and Fraxel procedures to deliver effective clinical outcomes for patients.
- The distinguished panel will discuss their experiences with:
- Clinical outcomes based on nearly 10,000 Thermage and Fraxel procedures performed
- Treatment protocols and patient selection of the combined procedure
- Marketing and patient education
Beginning on Sunday, April 5, the roundtable will be available via webcast athttp://sufo.org/thermage and http://sufo.org/fraxel through a unique partnership with the web-based educational forum.
"By combining the Thermage and Fraxel procedures sequentially, our experience has shown greater tightening and greater smoothing of the skin than with either procedure alone," said Robert Weiss, MD, founder of the Maryland Laser, Skin and Vein Institute. "We sometimes refer to the enhanced effect of both procedures combined as the "1 + 1 = 3" effect, as patients see the benefits of greater tightening from Thermage and greater smoothing from Fraxel than could be achieved by either modality alone." You can download Dr. Weiss's white paper titled: The Sequential Combination of Thermage® and Fraxel® Treatments Results in Synergistic Improvements at solta.com/aslms.
"Thermage and Fraxel provide proven and trusted results, with minimal downtime and at a fraction of the cost of surgery," said Stephen J. Fanning, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of Solta Medical, Inc. "Physicians who offer both Thermage for skin tightening and Fraxel for skin resurfacing give their business a competitive advantage by providing the two leading treatments patients ask for by name."
According to a recent report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), demand for minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures grew by 5% to 10.4 million procedures in 2008. The study also found that surgical procedures fell 9% in 2008, the first such decline since 20041.
Several physicians presenting at ASLMS will discuss their clinical findings using Thermage and Fraxel systems. A sample of these presentations is listed below.
- "Blepharoplasty-Like Results with Periorbital Fractional CO2 Laser," by Lori Brightman, M.D., Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, NY, on Friday, April 3, 2009, at 4:31 p.m.
- "The Safety and Efficacy of a Second Generation 1550nm Erbium Doped Laser in Skin Types IV to VI," by Vic Narurkar, M.D., Bay Area Laser Institute, San Francisco, CA, on Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 4:37 p.m.
- "Treatment of Burn Scars with 1550nm Non-Ablative Fractional Erbium Laser," by Jill Waibel, M.D., Palm Beach Esthetic Dermatology and Laser Center, West Palm Beach, FL, on Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 5:20 p.m.
- "Fractional Photothermolysis for the Treatment of Melasma: A Report of Eight Cases with Long-Term Follow-up," by Tracy Katz, M.D., Dermsurgery Associates, Houston, TX, on Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 8:12 a.m.
ABOUT SOLTA MEDICAL
Solta Medical is a global leader in the medical aesthetics market providing innovative, safe and effective anti-aging solutions for patients that enhance and expand the practice of medical aesthetics for physicians.
The company offers products to address aging skin under the industry's two premier brands: Thermage® and Fraxel®. Thermage is an innovative, non-invasive radiofrequency procedure for tightening and contouring skin. As the leader in fractional laser technology, Fraxel delivers minimally invasive clinical solutions to resurface aging and sun damaged skin. Since 2002, approximately one million Thermage and Fraxel procedures have been performed in nearly 80 countries. Thermage and Fraxel are the perfect complement for any aesthetic practice. For more information about Solta Medical, call 1-877-782-2286 or log on to www.Solta.com.
(1) Source: ASPS 2008 National Plastic Surgery Statistics
Download Press Release ••