Reliant Announces Major Advances at AAD
FDA clearance for 70 mJ for deepest penetration of any fractional skin resurfacing device;
New roller tip and second generation software eliminates the need for blue dye
Mountain View, CA—February 2, 2007—Reliant Technologies, Inc. today announced major advancements to its second generation Fraxel SR1500 laser system. Reliant, the inventor and market leader of fractional resurfacing, has made yet another leap forward with three significant product announcements to its Fraxel system.
Fraxel SR1500 laser announcements at American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting (Fraxel booth #2045):
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) issued clearance for treatment energiesup to 70 mJ, making the Fraxel laser the deepest penetrating fractional device on the market. The device is capable of creating superheated lesions in the tissue from 300 microns up to 1400 microns deep into the dermis
- Introduction of breakthrough ergonomic roller tips (first of their kind in the aesthetic market) for the Fraxel® SR1500 laser.
- Second generation of the Fraxel Intelligent Optical TrackingTM (IOTS) system allows users to provide effective, safe and predictable pattern delivery without the requirement of OptiGuide Blue contrast agent.
The FDA-cleared higher energy settings and increase in penetration depth, combined with the new roller tips and software enhancements,continues Reliant's tradition of pioneering safety and maximum clinical efficacy in the aesthetic industry. Fraxel SR1500 laser users have maximum control over energy depth and coverage, and the new product enhancements provide effective treatments in less time.
Len DeBenedictis, CTO of Reliant Technologies, said the continued advancements in the Fraxel SR1500 laser are a direct response to a rapidly growing physician demand for safe, effective and predictable skin treatment options.
"As the market leader, Fraxel technology delivers unparalleled safety, precision and efficacy. Reliant is dedicated to addressing and fulfilling the needs of physicians and consumers alike by continuously investing in and creating leading edge technologies," said DeBendedictis.
Details for the FDA clearance and product enhancements Fraxel SR1500 laser:
FDA Clearance for Treatment Energies up to 70 mJ
- Equal to the highest energy cleared by the FDA for any fractional skin resurfacing device
- Allows for deepest penetration of any fractional skin resurfacing device
- Only fractional device FDA-cleared for skin resurfacing, periorbital wrinkles, pigmented lesions, melasma, acne scars, & surgical scars
2nd Generation IOTS Enhancements
- Superior Tracking Performance
- 3 times faster data processing rate
- 4 times greater light sensitivity
- 60 times greater dynamic range of detectable acceleration
- 4 times greater optical spatial resolution
Ergonomic Roller Tip
- Fits existing Fraxel SR1500 laser handpiece
- Textured roller provides greater control and eliminates slipping on skin surface.
- Faster procedure times with no blue clean up
- No need to irritate patient's skin post Fraxel treatment
Launched in Fall 2004, the Fraxel SR1500 laser allowed Reliant to create a new category in anti-aging, collagen remodeling and skin resurfacing. The product provides a highly effective, predictable and safe non-ablative treatment for patients with acne scarring, surgical scars, melasma or hormonal skin discoloration, periorbital wrinkles and sun and age spots. The launch of the Fraxel laser represented an industry breakthrough for its ability to penetrate fractions of skin, spot by spot, without breaking the skin's protective outer barrier. The result is natural stimulation of new collagen without the fear of downtime and risks associated with traditional ablative treatments.
About the Fraxel Lasers and Reliant Technologies
Reliant Technologies develops clinical solutions to repair and rejuvenate aging and environmentally damaged skin. Reliant is dedicated to providing the most advanced research, engineering and products to the global aesthetic marketplace. The Company's laser devices are used primarily by aesthetic physicians to treat periorbital wrinkles, pigmented lesions of the face and body, acne scars and surgical scars. Reliant pioneered the development of fractional laser resurfacing which relies on novel high speed scanning systems and the Intelligent Optical Tracking™ system to produce safe and effective results with minimal recovery time. Reliant is headquartered in Mountain View, California. For more information visit www.fraxel.com.
The Fraxel laser family has quickly become the industry standard for aesthetic laser skin treatment. Because of its gentle, non-invasive approach to skin resurfacing, Fraxel lasers are safe and effective in treating all skin types and all areas of the face and body. The Fraxel laser has received clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of pigmented lesions, melasma, periorbital wrinkles, acne scars, surgical scars, skin resurfacing and soft tissue coagulation.
Reliant Technologies, Inc.
Download Press Release ••